The perfect gift for Father's Day
It's that time again where our thoughts turn to our dads and we celebrate the love, care, cheekiness and discipline they've dished out to us over the years! Yes, Father's Day is just around the corner, so it's time to think about the ideal gift that will keep him happy for the next 12 months.
There are plenty of things you could get your dad for Father's Day; a music voucher, dinner out, a DVD or some cuff links perhaps - but we think that something personal that can be enjoyed every day is the best plan for pa!
A carefully chosen canvas print makes the ideal gift for Father's Day - it shows that you've really put some thought into your present and that you want to give him something that will last for years to come. If you choose this route this time around, there are 3 main things you'll need to consider:
- Location - where will he hang it?
- Size - what's the best size to suit the chosen spot, while also giving him options if he wants to hang it elsewhere?
- Theme - what kind of picture would he genuinely appreciate?
There are plenty of ideas you can consider when it comes to the image you select for his canvas gift. Try some of these:
- Family - a lovely picture of him and your mum on their wedding day as a trip down memory lane. Or maybe you and any siblings as kids, or a photo of all the family?
- Event - a picture of a special event or time in his life? Graduation, winning a football trophy or maybe a special holiday - remember you can always enlist the help of someone else close to him to hunt out the perfect photo.
- Personal hero - maybe a photo of his favourite football team or sporting hero? Be careful with this one though, as you don't want to infringe copyright. Ask permission if you want to use someone else's picture!
- Words not pictures - a canvas print doesn't have to be photo-based; write down a collection of words or emotions that you relate to daddy dearest, type them on a word document and play around with fonts, colours and designs. Or you could always try writing him a poem and have that printed instead.
At the end of the day, your dad will be pleased with any thoughtful gift this Father's Day - just use your imagination and knowledge of your dad to find the ideal image or idea, then go to print!!